Sports has become one of the most popular forms of human engagement, whether as professionals or amateurs, regularly or occasionally.
Sport is an activity that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often engaged in competitively. sports commonly refer to activities where the sole physical capabilities of the competitor are the sole or primary determinant of the outcome [ winning or losing ] , but the term is also used to include activities such as mind sports [ a common name for some card games with little to no element of chance ]and motor sports where mental acuity or equipment quality are major factors . sport is commonly defined as an organized, competitive and skillful physical activity requiring commitment and fair play. Sports differing from games based on the fact that there are usually higher levels of organization and profit [ not always monetary ] involved in sports. Accurate records are kept and updated for most sports at the highest levels, while failures and accomplishments are widely announced in sports news.
OBJECTIVES OF THE DEPARTMENT
Our college management has set up the Department of Physical Education and has provided many facilities for students to take up physical education activities. The objectives of the Department are
- To create awareness and importance in students community regarding physical education and health and preventive methods, protect themselves in their future not getting attacked by bodily disorders like Diabetes, obesity etc, which leads to other diseases.
- To create awareness about sports activities and make students outstanding athletes by giving coaching in different sports disciplines
- To prepare students to participate in inter-university level
- To select fresh students (those who have not participated in any sports activity in their school studies) to motivate them and encourage them to take up any one of the game and provide coaching in that particular activity.
The students are participating in various athletic events and games inside and outside the college and are bringing laurels to our college.
|1||Ms. U.PRABHAHARI||HOD, PHYSICAL DIRECTRESS||M.P.ED., M.PHIL., NIS|
|2||Mr. V.SARANRAJ||PHYSICAL DIRECTOR||M.Com., M.P.ED.,|
- B.E - Computer Science and Engg.
- B.E - Electronics and Communication Engg.
- B.E - Electrical and Electronics Engg.
- B.E - Mechanical Engineering
- B.Tech - Information Technology
- B.Tech - Artificial Intelligence and Data Science
- B.Tech - Computer Science and Business Systems
- B.Tech - Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning