KRCE is embarked with the vision of being a social partner for the development of our country through its involvement in research, having attributed novel technology in research and development activities. The R & D team of K.Ramakrishnan College of Engineering is committed to excellence in the research. The dedicated research team adds its strength and spreads its roots over diverse areas like Big Data, Cloud Computing, CAD/CAM, Information Technology, Knowledge Management, Electronics and Communication. Having realized a dire scope and demand of research in the emerging fields, these key ultra-tech disciplines are focused to bring out the desired results for the betterment of the society.
RESEARCH ADVISORY BOARD
|1||Dr. D. SRINIVASAN||PRINCIPAL & PROFESSOR / MECH|
|2||Dr. R. KAMARAJ||PROFESSOR/MBA|
|3||Dr. R. BALASUNDARAM||PROFESSOR/MECH|
|4||Dr. K. LENIN||PROFESSOR/MECH|
|5||Dr. M. RAVICHANDRAN||ASSO. PROF/MECH|
|6||Dr. C. ANAND CHAIRMAN||ASSO. PROF/MECH|
|7||Dr. D. JAFREY DANIEL JAMES||ASST. PROF/MECH|
|10||Dr. M. MAHESWARI||PROFESSOR/ECE|
|11||Dr. K. PRIYADHARSHINI||PROFESSOR/ECE|
|12||Dr. C. JEYALAKSHMI||ASSO. PROF/ECE|
|15||Dr. SAMSON DANIEL||ASST. PROF/ECE|
|17||Dr. R. SRIDEVI||ASSO. PROF/CSE|
|22||Dr. K. DHAYALINI||PROFESSOR/EEE|
|23||Dr. R. ILANGO||PROFESSOR/EEE|
|24||Dr. S. TITUS||PROFESSOR/EEE|
|25||Dr. R. MANIVASAGAM||ASST. PROF /EEE|
|26||Dr. M. VENKATACHALAPATHY||PROFESSOR / MATHS|
|28||Dr. A. RAVIKUMAR||ASST. PROF/CHEM|
|29||Dr. S. NEELAKANDAN||ASST. PROF/ENGLISH|
ABOUT R&D ECE DEPARTMENT
Research activities of ECE department is centered around the core domains of Speech processing, Image processing, Antenna design & Fabrication and Analog/RF/Digital IC design. To inculcate and promote research interests among students in the above core ECE domains, we perform regular R&D projects resulting in publications or patents. Workshops, industry seminars and conferences are also organized in our department to help enhance the knowledge of our students in state-of-the art. Our R & D team is also actively involved in getting funds from TNSCST,ICMR,DST etc.,
Our department is a recognized as R & D centre by Anna University, Chennai where several research scholars are doing Phd in various domains.
Highlights of the Research center
- The department has got research center recognition by Anna University since August 2017.
- The Research center has 5 faculty members with PhD. Two research supervisors recognized by Anna University.
- Seven research scholars are doing research in the research center in various research topics.
- The faculty members and research scholars are regularly publishing their research papers in various reputed peer reviewed journals (SCI, Scopus, Web of Science etc.)
- The department is regularly organizing International conferences, Workshops, Seminars in the recent technologies to give research exposure for the students and faculty members.
The following are the research areas under which faculty members and research scholars are working:
- Cognitive Radio
- 5G Transceiver design
- Cognitive Network
- High speed video compression
- Analog/RF VLSI
- Network on Chip
- Filter Design for bio medical applications
- RF Antenna/Filters/ microwave devices Design and implementations
- Image/Speech processing
R&D Laboratory - I
- Network Analyzer
- Antenna Measurement Kit
- Hardware for interfacing with LabView software
R&D Laboratory – II
- Arduino and RasberryPi
- ARM Processors
- Xilinx/Altera Kit
- DSP processors
Texas Innovation Center
- ASLK PRO Kit and Sensor Hub Booster Pack bundle
- CC110L Booster pack and TIVA TM4C123G Lauchpad Bundle
- TIVA Development board and Ez430RF-2500 MSP430 Wireless Development Tools
- MSP 430 G2 Launchpad and MSP 430 F5969 Launch Pad
- SimpleLink Wi-Fi CC3100 and CC3200 BoosterPack and
- TM CC2650 Wireless MCU LaunchPad Kit and MSP430F5529 LaunchPad Evaluation Kit
- Sensor module and TI Breadboard with Power Management Lab Kit (PMLK)
- AARON EDA
- KEIL & FLASH MAGIC
- NSIM and LSIM
- Code Composer Studio V 6.1.0, Energia IDE v17 and TINA Simulation Software
Below we give a brief overview of active research carried out by our faculties.
Researcher: Dr. M. Maheswari, Professor.
Research profile: She has completed her UG in Electronics and Communication Engineering from Bharathiyar University, Coimbatore and M.Tech from National Institute of Technology, Trichy. She holds a PhD from Anna University, Chennai. Her area of interests are VLSI signal Processing, reliability of on chip interconnects and transceiver design for 5G communication. She has published more than 25 papers in reputed international journals andinternational Conferences. She is presently guiding 6 research scholars for Phd in the domain of VLSI.
Researcher: Dr. K. Priyadarshini, Professor.
Research profile: She holds a Phd from Karunya Institute of Technology and Sciences in “Video Processing”. Her research domains include Video processing. She has published more than 12 papers in journals and conferences.
Researcher: Dr. C. Jeyalakshmi, Associate Professor.
Research profile: She holds a Phd from Anna University in “Speech Recognition”. Her research domains includes speech processing, image processing and RF and Microwave Engineering. She is actively involved in organizing seminars and workshops to enhance the knowledge of students in state-of-the- art. She holds four patents and has several publications to her credit.
Researcher: Dr. B. Viswanathan, Associate Professor.
Research profile: He holds a Ph.D. from EPFL, Switzerland in the area of “Microelectronics” and has several years of industrial experience in Analog/RF IC design field working on Sigma Delta ADCs, linear regulators, low noise amplifiers for precision sensor interfaces, etc. His research interests are in the field of “Analog/RF Integrated Circuit Design” catering to state-of-the art microelectronic applications.
Researcher: Dr. Samson Daniel, Assistant Professor.
Research profile: He holds a Ph.D. from National Institute of Technology, Trichy in “Metamaterial antennas”. His research domains are antenna design and fabrication using metamaterials.
ABOUT R&D CSE DEPARTMENT
Research activities of CSE department is centered around the core domains of Cloud Computing, Internet of Things, Image Processing, Blockchain Technologies, Cryptography and Network Security, Software Testing, Machine Learning and Edge Computing. To inculcate and promote research interests among students in the above core CSE domains, we perform R&D projects resulting in publications or patents. Workshops, industry seminars and conferences are regularly organized in our department to help enhance the knowledge of our students in state-of-the art. Our R&D team is actively involved in getting funds from various funding agencies like IIT Bombay etc.,
Below we give a brief overview of the active research carried out by our faculties.
Researcher: Dr.R.Sridevi, Associate Professor.
Researcher: Mrs.T.M.Nithya, Assistant Professor.
Researcher: Mr.B.Kiran Bala, Assistant Professor.
Researcher: Mr.R.Sasi Kumar, Assistant Professor.
Researcher: Mrs.L.Amudha, Assistant Professor.
Researcher: Mrs.M.Sumathi, Assistant Professor.
ABOUT R&D MECH DEPARTMENT
The Department always remains in the forefront owing to research and consultancy activities. It also has well equipped laboratories with all modern equipment in the specialized areas to cater to the needs of students and scholars. State-of-the-art testing facilities related to mechanical Engineering are provided in these laboratories to fulfil the need of industries and external agencies. The faculty members of the Department have expertise in carrying out the necessary testing and consultancy services and also many scholars are pursuing Ph.D under their guidance.
Research Supervisors of Anna University
Research Equipment Available in the Department
- Pin On Disc Wear Testing Machine (DUCOM)
- Optical Microscope with Image Analyser
- Double Disc Polishing Machine
- Computerized Universal Testing Machine
- Vickers Micro Hardness
- Lathe Tool Dynamometer
- Milling tool dynamometer
- Drill Tool Dynamometer
- Gear shaper
- Universal Testing Machine
- CNC Milling Machine
- CNC Lathe Machine
- Surface Roughness Tester
- Vibration Absorber
- F.F.T Analyzer
- Journal Bearing Setup
- Data Logging of Process Variables (Multi Process Control)
- Steam Boiler with turbine setup
- Thermal conductivity of insulating powder apparatus
- HC Refrigeration system
- Fluidized bed cooling tower
- 3D Printing machine
ABOUT R&D EEE DEPARTMENT
Research activities of EEE department is centered around the core domains of Power systems, Power Electronics, Electrical Drives, High Voltage Engineering, Optimization, Electrical machines, Renewable Energy systems, Power quality, FACTS, Energy conservation, and management. To impart and promote research interest among students in the above core domains of EEE, we encourage the students to perform regular R&D projects resulting in journal and conference publications or patents. Workshops, industry oriented seminars and conferences are also organized in our department to help the students of our department to enhance the knowledge in state-of-the art. Our R & D team is also actively involved in getting funds from IEEE, TNSCST, MNRE,DST etc.,
Our department is recognized as R & D centre by Anna University, Chennai where several research scholars are doing Ph.D. in various domains. The Research laboratory is developed with the aim of enhancing the research capabilities for power engineers in the Electrical and Electronics Engineering department. These laboratories will be devoted to solving problems in cutting edge research topics of promise to future applications. It supports undergraduate, postgraduate and research scholars to enhance rapid technology transfer in various domains in the field of Energy, Power Systems Engineering and Power Electronics and Drives.
Highlights of Research centre
- The department has been recognized as Research Centre by Anna University, Chennai since November 2017.
- The research centre has two research supervisors recognized by Anna University, Chennai.
- Eleven Research Scholars have registered for Ph.D. programme in the department research centre, in Part-Time category.
- The faculty members and research scholars of our department consistently publish papers in referred national & international journals/conferences.
- The Department is regularly conducting International Conference on Innovations in Engineering, Technology and Science (ICIETS) every academic year to promote academic research.
- The Department of EEE has state of art facilities in research laboratory and is actively involved in collaborating with industries for research and consultancy works.
The Research lab shows a new mechanism to improve the innovation ability of research scholars and to collaborate with the industry persons. It provides a platform for the research scholars in the department to share their knowledge in their field of expertise. It also helps the post graduate students to understand the basic necessity in doing research and to acquire guidance from the experts in various domains. The lab also supports in conducting lab sessions while conducting national/international short term training programs and workshops to all the participants satisfying their thirst in the recent fields of power systems and power electronics. Research in the department may be broadly divided into so-called "thrust" areas:
- Renewable Energy Systems,
- Smart Grid Technology,
- Power System Deregulation,
- Soft Computing Techniques,
- Design and Analysis of Power Converters
- Energy Conservation and
- Electrical Drives.
The lab is equipped with following software’s and equipments to enhance research:
- Mi Power Software Version 9.1, 5 User Network Licence, Unlimited number of buses and nodes
- ETAP version 7.5.2, 10 user, 50 bus system
- Matlab R2015a, software, 15 user
- NI LabVIEW Full Package, 25 user
- PSPICE software – 25 user
- PROTEUS software
- MYRIO hardware – 10 user
- MYDAQ hardware – 10 user
- EM-Type Over current Relay testing kit
- Fluke 438- II / INTLI - Power Quality& Motor Analyzer.
- AC Drives Training kit G120 with Sinamics 3 phase IM (Siemens)
- DC Drives Training kit Sinamics DC Master 6RA80(Siemens)
- Speed control of DC motor using Chopper
- Re-programmable logic devices & programming (V/F Control)
- Automatics voltage regulation of three phase Synchronous generator
- 250KW Roof Top Solar power Plant with Grid Connected facility
- Wind speed sensor DWT 8102
- Air Temperature sensor DWT 8103
- Relative humidity sensor DTH 8103
- Module(Surface temperature model DWMT 8104)
- Pyrometer Sensor DWR 8101
- 4 Channel data logger DWL 1002
- Hand held Anemometer DHA 111
- 60KV Transformer BDV Oil test kit
- Solar PV Module Training Kit
- Fuel Cell Module Trainer Kit
- Various electrical machines and meters
The research laboratories will be devoted to solving problems in cutting edge research topics of promise to future applications. EEE department will continue to help students in shaping them as future professionals and assist them to improve their performance by imparting career oriented courses periodically. Hands-on experience on practical power quality analyzer and motor analyzer are employed. This laboratory provides periodical in-house training programs and national level workshops for the UG/PG engineering students to bring out professional and technical excellence in them in order to bridge the gap between industries and academia. The main objective is to disseminate knowledge and appropriate skill practices through proper systems of training testing and certification.
Below we give a brief overview of active research carried out by our faculties.
Researcher: Dr. K. Dhayalini, Professor & Head.
Research profile: She has completed her bachelor’s degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering from Alagappa Chettiar College of Engineering and Technology, Karaikudi with first class with distinction and Masters degree in Power Systems from Regional Engineering College, Tiruchirappalli (NIT, Trichy) with first class with distinction. She obtained her Ph.D. from Anna University, Chennai. She has good teaching and research experience. Her areas of interests are Power system optimization, Renewable Energy systems, FACTS, and Power Electronics and drives. She has published more than 75 papers in reputed international journals and international conferences. She is actively involved in organizing various workshops, seminars, faculty development program to enhance the knowledge of students and faculties. She is a recognized supervisor of Anna University is presently guiding 5 research scholars for Ph.D. in the domain of power systems and renewable energy systems. She is a senior member of IEEE and member in various societies like IEI, ISTE, ISRD etc.
Researcher: Dr. S. Titus, Professor.
Research profile: Dr.S.Titus, Professor in the Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, at K.Ramakrishnan College of Engineering, Tiruchirappalli. He did his Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering at Sathyabama Engineering College Chennai and master’s degree in Power Electronics and Drives at Shanmuga Engineering College Tanjore. He pursued his Doctors of Philosophy in Power system Optimization at Anna University Chennai through Government College of Engineering Coimbatore. His Research interest are Power Electronics & Drives, Power System Optimization, and Renewable Energy sources (Wind & Solar). He has good teaching and research experience. He has published many research papers in international journals and conferences and conducted many AICTE funded research programe in the field power Electronics Drives, Wind Energy and Solar Photovoltaic cells. He has received two AICTE funded MODROBS, Three AICTE funded FDP projects, one CSIR and AICTE fund for conferences so far. He is a member in Various Professional bodies and Societies like IEEE, IE, and ISTE. He is a recognized supervisor of Anna University, produced 5 Ph.D. research Scholars and currently, 3 Scholars are doing research under his supervision.
Researcher: Dr. R. Ilango, Professor.
Research profile: He has completed his Bachelor’s degree in Electrical & Electronics Engineering from Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirapalli in 1996, Master’s degree in High Voltage Engineering from SASTRA University, Thanjavur in 2002, and Ph.D. from Anna University Chennai in 2016. He has published many papers in reputed journals and conferences, in the field of Power System Engineering. During his carrier, he has organized various refresher course, workshops, FDPs and orientation programs. His area of interest includes High Voltage Engineering, Power System Protection, FACTS, Power Quality, and Renewable Energy Applications. He is a member in various societies like IEI, ISTE, IRED , IAENG etc
Researcher: Dr. R. Manivasagam, Associate Professor.
Research profile: He obtained his Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical and Electronics Engineering from Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirappalli obtained his Master of Engineering in Power Electronics and Drives from Anna University, Coimbatore and obtained his Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.,) in Electrical Engineering from Anna University, Chennai. He has published more than 49 papers in reputed international journals and international, national conferences. He has teaching experience of over 14 years. His research interests are in Power Quality Improvement, Renewable Energy systems, FACTS, and Power Electronics and drives.
- B.E - Computer Science and Engg.
- B.E - Electronics and Communication Engg.
- B.E - Electrical and Electronics Engg.
- B.E - Mechanical Engineering
- B.Tech - Information Technology
- B.Tech - Artificial Intelligence and Data Science
- B.Tech - Computer Science and Business Systems
- B.Tech - Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning