The Department of IT was established in the Academic year 2020-21 to groom the students for the requirements of IT industry. The department strives to empower the students, to achieve the demanding standards of IT industry, by bringing about a synergistic academic environment wherein cutting edge technologies, industry experts, faculty and students are engaged in a sustained interaction.
To create technically efficient and quality IT professional with competent and innovation skills, inculcating moral values and societal concerns.
- To strengthen the fundamental understanding of Information Technology.
- To produce successful graduates who can adapt to the challenges of the changing
- To build necessary skills in Information Technology to serve the needs of Industry, Government and Society.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOs):
- PEO1: To expose students to tools and techniques of Information Technology so that they can utilize their fundamental knowledge in innovative computing and building solutions for real life problems.
- PEO2: To promote collaborative learning, think logically and develop the spirit of teamwork to understand and solve technical issues and to build optimal solutions.
- PEO3: To equip students with better knowledge on hardware and software systems by applying their technical skills to solve real world problems
Major Career Opportunities
- Computer support specialist / First line support
- Software Developer/Engineer
- Computer Systems Engineer
- Business Intelligence Analyst.
- Web developer
- IT Security Analyst
- Software Quality Assurance Tester
Dr. S. Manikandan M.E,Ph.D
Professor and Head
- B.E - Computer Science and Engg.
- B.E - Electronics and Communication Engg.
- B.E - Electrical and Electronics Engg.
- B.E - Mechanical Engineering
- B.Tech - Information Technology
- B.Tech - Artificial Intelligence and Data Science
- B.Tech - Computer Science and Business Systems
- B.Tech - Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning