Electrical and Electronics Engineering is one of the prestigious branches of Engineering. The modern state-of-the-art technology leads to the fact that an Electrical Engineering graduate will fit in all corporate sector. The Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering at K.Ramakrishnan College of Engineering (KRCE) was established in the year 2008 with an in take of 60 students. The Department progressed in its intake to 120 students in the year 2013. The Department was accredited by NAAC with “A” Grade in the year 2016. The department has R&D center approved by Anna University, Chennai for Conducting Research Programs. Our department has produced number of University Ranks from its inception.
The department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering has been offering a full time 4 year B.E. degree course since the inception of the institution in the year 2008 and two year full time M.E. Degree programme in Power System Engineering since 2013. We have sound infrastructure facilities like full-fledged Electrical Machines lab, Power Electronics and Drives Lab, Electronics devices and circuits lab, established research laboratories with latest equipment and experimental setups like power quality Analyzer. We have well established library, digital library for online journal access with high band wifi internet facility, dedicated and well qualified faculty team and technical supporting staff are the highlights of the EEE Department.
To emerge as a renowned department for high quality teaching, learning and research in the domain of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, producing professional engineers, to meet the challenges of society.
- To establish the infrastructure resources for imparting quality technical education in Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
- To achieve excellence in teaching, learning, research and development.
- To impart the latest skills and developments through practical approach along with moral and ethical values.
THE PEOs OF THE PROGRAMME ARE,
- PEO1: Have strong foundation in Electrical and Electronics Engineering to excel in professional career, in higher studies or research.
- PEO2: Analyze, design and develop various interdisciplinary projects and products, to solve social issues.
- PEO3: Have professional ethics and effective communication skills with life-long learning attitudes.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSOs)
- PSO1: Use logical and technical skills to model, simulate and analyze electrical components and systems.
- PSO2: Integrate the knowledge of fundamental electrical and electronics, power electronics and control systems for the controllability, reliability and sustainability of the electrical systems.
|S.NO||NAME||DESIGNATION||QUALIFICATION||DATE OF JOINING||NATURE OF ASSOCIATION|
|1||Dr. DHAYALINI K||PROFESSOR & HEAD||M.E.,Ph.D.,||03.08.2015||REGULAR|
|3||Dr.ILANGO R||PROFESSOR & ASSISTANT HEAD||M.Tech.,Ph.D.,||01.06.2018||REGULAR|
|4||Dr. MANIVASAGAM R||ASSOCIATE ROFESSOR||M.E.,Ph.D.||29.05.2010||REGULAR|
|5||Mr.SUBRAMANIYA SIVA A||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR & ASSISTANT HEAD||M.E.,||01.08.2013||REGULAR|
|6||Mr. GABRIEL SANTHOSH KUMAR G||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR||M.E.,(Ph.D).,||11.06.2012||REGULAR|
|7||Mrs. PRIYADARSHINI S A||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR||M.E.,||20.06.2016||REGULAR|
|8||Mrs. DURGADEVI A||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR||M.E.,(Ph.D).,||20.06.2016||REGULAR|
|9||Mr. VIGNESHWARAN P||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR||M.E.,||14.06.2017||REGULAR|
|10||Mr. SARANRAJ R||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR||M.E.,||01.02.2016||REGULAR|
|11||Mr. RICHARD S P||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR||M.E.,||12.06.2017||REGULAR|
|12||Mr. MUKESH R||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR||M.Tech.,||08.06.2015||REGULAR|
|13||Mr. KARTHIKEYAN P||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR||M.E.,(Ph.D).,||13.08.2015||REGULAR|
|14||Mr.PRABHU A||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR||M.E.,||04.07.2011||REGULAR|
|15||Mrs. SANGEETHA E P||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR||M.E.,||25.06.2018||REGULAR|
|16||Ms. NITHYA R||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR||M.E.,||02.07.2018||REGULAR|
|17||Mr. ASHOK KUMAR V||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR||M.E.,(Ph.D).,||25.06.2018||REGULAR|
|18||Mr. RAMANI U||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR||M.Tech.,||14.12.2018||REGULAR|
|19||Mr. GOPALAKRISHNAN R||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR||M.E.,||12.12.2018||REGULAR|
|20||Mrs. ANU R||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR||M.E.,||07.01.2019||REGULAR|
- CONTROL SYSTEM LABORATORY
- ENGINEERING PRACTICES LABORATORY
- POWER ELECTRONICS & DRIVES/ ELECTRONICS LABORATORY
- ELECTRICAL MACHINES LABORATORY
- LINEAR & DIGITAL INTEGRATED CIRCUITS / ELECTRIC CIRCUITS LABORATORY
- POWER SYSTEM SIMULATION LABORATORY
- RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT LABORATORY
- RENEWABLE ENERGY LABORATORY
- PROJECT LABORATORY
|1||Institute of Electrical & Electronics Engineers (IEEE)|
|2||Institution of Engineers, India (IEI)|
|4||TELECTRA CHARGERS (Department Association )|
|10||IEEE WOMEN IN ENGINEERING|
The Research laboratory is developed with the aim of enhancing the research capabilities for power engineers in the Electrical and Electronics Engineering department. These laboratories will be devoted to solving problems in cutting edge research topics of promise to future applications. It supports undergraduate, postgraduate and research scholars to enhance rapid technology transfer in various domains in the field of Energy, Power Systems Engineering and Power Electronics and Drives.
Highlights of Research centre
- The department has been recognized as Research Centre by Anna University, Chennai since November 2017.
- The research centre has two research supervisors recognized by Anna University, Chennai.
- Eleven Research Scholars have registered for Ph.D. programme in the department research centre, in Part-Time category.
- The faculty members and research scholars of our department consistently publish papers in referred national & international journals/conferences.
- The Department is regularly conducting International Conference on Innovations in Engineering, Technology and Science (ICIETS) every academic year to promote academic research.
- The Department of EEE has state of art facilities in research laboratory and is actively involved in collaborating with industries for research and consultancy works.
The Research lab shows a new mechanism to improve the innovation ability of research scholars and to collaborate with the industry persons. It provides a platform for the research scholars in the department to share their knowledge in their field of expertise. It also helps the post graduate students to understand the basic necessity in doing research and to acquire guidance from the experts in various domains. The lab also supports in conducting lab sessions while conducting national/international short term training programs and workshops to all the participants satisfying their thirst in the recent fields of power systems and power electronics. Research in the department may be broadly divided into so-called "thrust" areas:
- Renewable Energy Systems,
- Smart Grid Technology,
- Power System Deregulation,
- Soft Computing Techniques,
- Design and Analysis of Power Converters
- Energy Conservation and
- Electrical Drives.
The lab is equipped with following software’s and equipments to enhance research:
- Mi Power Software Version 9.1, 5 User Network Licence, Unlimited number of buses and nodes
- ETAP version 7.5.2, 10 user, 50 bus system
- Matlab R2015a, software, 15 user
- NI LabVIEW Full Package, 25 user
- PSPICE software – 25 user
- PROTEUS software
- MYRIO hardware – 10 user
- MYDAQ hardware – 10 user
- EM-Type Over current Relay testing kit
- Fluke 438- II / INTLI - Power Quality& Motor Analyzer.
- AC Drives Training kit G120 with Sinamics 3 phase IM (Siemens)
- DC Drives Training kit Sinamics DC Master 6RA80(Siemens)
- Speed control of DC motor using Chopper
- Re-programmable logic devices & programming (V/F Control)
- Automatics voltage regulation of three phase Synchronous generator
- 250KW Roof Top Solar power Plant with Grid Connected facility
- Wind speed sensor DWT 8102
- Air Temperature sensor DWT 8103
- Relative humidity sensor DTH 8103
- Module(Surface temperature model DWMT 8104)
- Pyrometer Sensor DWR 8101
- 4 Channel data logger DWL 1002
- Hand held Anemometer DHA 111
- 60KV Transformer BDV Oil test kit
- Solar PV Module Training Kit
- Fuel Cell Module Trainer Kit
- Various electrical machines and meters
The research laboratories will be devoted to solving problems in cutting edge research topics of promise to future applications. EEE department will continue to help students in shaping them as future professionals and assist them to improve their performance by imparting career oriented courses periodically. Hands-on experience on practical power quality analyzer and motor analyzer are employed. This laboratory provides periodical in-house training programs and national level workshops for the UG/PG engineering students to bring out professional and technical excellence in them in order to bridge the gap between industries and academia. The main objective is to disseminate knowledge and appropriate skill practices through proper systems of training testing and certification.
- B.E - Computer Science and Engg.
- B.E - Electronics and Communication Engg.
- B.E - Electrical and Electronics Engg.
- B.E - Mechanical Engineering
- B.Tech - Information Technology
- B.Tech - Artificial Intelligence and Data Science
- B.Tech - Computer Science and Business Systems
- B.Tech - Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning* Submitted for the approval (Academic Year 2021-2022)